Thursday, February 11, 2010

Girling Out

The first time I listened to this song, I mean really listened, I balled my eyes out. This song has been played on quite a few occasions in my life. When I've gotten giddy about a relationship, when I've gotten to that place where I've let go of myself and fallen in love, and when I'm nothing but hopeful that a love, or some love, will return. Never have I felt so in tune with the emotions associated with every element of a song as I have with this one. The music, the lyrics, the tone, the personal sentiment it extracts. I've proclaimed to many friends that this is the song I will dance to at my wedding, as I usher in a future colored with unremitting love. Get ready to girl out, or guy out. Happy early Valentine's Day to all you lovers and fellow hopeless romantics!




(Sorry this isn't the most visually stimulating video in the world, but I almost prefer that it's just the musicians. Understatement is the name of the game.)

Also, for those of you who get into lyrics, here they are. They're beautiful.

Why would I stop loving you
a hundred years from now?
It's only time.
It's only time.

What could stop this beating heart
once it's made a vow?
It's only time.
It's only time.

If rain won't change your mind,
let it fall.
The rain won't change my heart
at all.

Lock this chain
around my hand,
throw away the key.
It's only time.
It's only time.

Years falling
like grains of sand
mean nothing to me.
It's only time.
It's only time.

If snow won't change your mind
let it fall.
The snow won't change my heart,
not at all.

(I'll walk your lands)
I'll walk your lands
(And swim your sea)
And swim your sea

Marry me.
Marry me.

(Then in your hands)
Then in your hands
(I will be free)
I will be free

Marry me.
Marry me.

Why would I stop loving you
a hundred years from now?

2 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Louisa Parise said...

So, in my blogs traffic source, it said you were one of the referring sites. I was really confused as to where your blog mentioned my blog, so i spent 30 minutes trying to find a mention to my blog. All this really proves is that I have too much time on my hands.